Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Birthday Invitations








I'm almost done will all of the invitations for my girls' 2nd birthday party next month. I decided to go with the ever popular pocket cards. I know I'm about a year behind the times, but hey, it's new to me! I used DCWV Pocket Full of Posies paper, various ribbons, a Michael's $1 "you're invited" stamp and embossed it with sparkly powder. I still need to add some brads and embellishments, but for the most part they are done.




I also started on the table centerpieces which will be these cute little bags I found at Walmart. I cut out Tinkerbell from some paper plates also from Walmart. I then added glitter to her wings and glued the little flowers on. It seemed a little bare, so I printed out a number 2 and used it as a template to cut them out from the patterned paper. I'm going to fill the bags with either tissue paper or that basket filler papery stuff. Then get some helium balloons, tie colored ribbon around them and tape the ribbon to the bottom inside the bag. I'm thinkin' three balloons each bag. I've only made two bags so far and I've got about five more to make. I'll post a picture of the end result.







4 comments:

Allison said...

These are super...love the pattered paper and you can't go wrong with a dollar stamp!

Nancy said...

Beautiful invitations! I *heart* the patterned papers you used!

AnneMarie said...

holy cow- this rocks! love your talent!

Kirsten said...

Hi! I just happened to come across your blog, and wanted to thank you for the link! But more importantly, your girls are beautiful, and these invites are FAB!!!