Sunday, November 25, 2007

Dear Santa....





I was flipping through a Christmas catalog last week and I came across a cute little santa sign. But of course I thought, "Hey, I can make one of these myself", so here's the result. I used DCWV paper from last year's Christmas Stack and printed out the text on my printer; ribbon is from Joann's.






Not a whole lot happening around here to report. We put up the xmas tree on Saturday which was loads of fun (being sarcastic, of course). We have one of those fake pre-lit trees, and, well you pretty much need an engineering degree to figure the thing out. I couldn't get the bottom part of the tree lights to go on so after about an hour trying to figure it out, and using some pretty colorful language, I decided, screw it, and I ripped down the lights I put around one of our living room windows and wrapped it around the bottom of the tree. Then I started smelling something funky...I checked the girls first (always the go-to first), then noticed smoke coming off the top of the tree. I'm not kidding, I couldn't make this stuff up. So I immediately unplugged the top portion of the tree, went to another living room window and ripped those lights down and wrapped them around the top of the tree. There you have it, the Griswold, err, the Knapp Family Christmas Tree. Had to throw in a little Christmas Vacation reference for ya there. The girls were a big help...yeah, they were trying to find out if ALL of their toys could fit inside the tree box. As it turns out, yes they can, and boy were they pissed when I made them put them all back before they could watch Caillou. I wish I would have taken pics of that, but man, I just wasn't in the mood (go figure).

So here are a couple of pics I took of them this morning playing with thier farm thingy toy. I love the pigtails.















I'll have a new freebie soon. I seem to have lost my mojo, but I'm sure it will be back soon (I hope).
Have a great week ;)

1 comment:

Greta said...

oh ho wi love your santa sign....too cute....

my aunt got melana an outfit and it is a pink shirt with red sequins and the sequins say...BUT SANTA...let me explain....
LOL...love it...