Sunday, January 27, 2008

Did You Hear About the Storm...

For the first time in almost 3 years, I got to sleep in until 9:00 this morning. That is a HUGE deal for me. I actually woke up by myself...no alarm...no kids making a racket... it was beautiful. But, there would be a price to pay for sleeping in...I should have known better. I opened the door to greet my thoughtful daughters, and there I see them both looking at me with an expression on their faces like, "Ma, I don't know what the hell happened. I just woke up and some force of nature ripped through our room and emptied out every drawer and made a mess everywhere. I tried to stop it, cause I know you'd be mad, but there was nothin' I could do!" I'm starting to think Bill Cosby was right. That's why God makes kids so cute...so you don't kill 'em.




The usual suspects ----->










I even put locks on their dresser drawers so I could avoid this issue, but as it turns out, where there's a will, there's a way. They're geniuses I tell ya.

2 comments:

My name is Michelle said...

Dawn, I think that kids can get through a padlock with the right inspiration. I always thought that the only way to keep my sons out of certain things was to move them to another zip code. HA HA HA.. Make sure your FAV show is on while your folding all those clothes and things won't seem so bad.

Kathryn's Blog said...

Wow. I cant wait til my one year old son will be doing that kind of mess. However he has already experienced pilling things out, but not making a huge mess...yet! Lol
I agree with Michelle, find a good show to watch & fold the clothes. It wont seem too bad after you start watching it. ;)