Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm Hungry!

Thanks to everyone who sent me emails wishing me a happy birthday...I was overwhelmed. Yeah, so now I'm 40. Go me. As a birthday present to myself, I signed up for weight watchers. Since the girls were born, I just let myself go and I just can't believe how bad it's gotton. I went to my first meeting last night and I almost burst into tears after my weigh-in. I'm not going to tell you what it was...I haven't told ANYBODY...not my friends, my husband nor my mother who is my best friend and I tell her EVERYTHING. I'm so embarrassed by it. But, I'm on a mission to do something about it. I'm ready. I'm determined. I'm starving. If anyone has done weight watchers or is on it now, please email me.

I'll be posting another kit soon....

4 comments:

Greta Adams said...

u will not be hungry for long...you will adjust...that is how i lost 45+ pounds and it has been off for over 2 years now!! good luck in your journey

Wendy said...

I'll have to find the link of a my friend's site. She lost 125 lbs in 18 mos on WW, and walk away the pounds. I done WW, the key moreso is to have more fresh fruit and veggies, and keep your fiber up :)

LindaJD said...

Good for you hun! I too had a wake up a while back and decided it was now or never, I am 56 now and was like you so ashamed of myself at the weigh in, Now I have lost 5 Stone! and am so Happy about the fact..so go girl!! I know you can do it :D

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Hi Dawn!

I have you linked on my blog, but have not been over in a while myself! BUSY, BUSY, BUSY and daughter number two is getting married next month!

I know EXACTLY how you feel. My twins, the last of my six, just turned 19 on the 16th, but when they were a year old I joined Jenny Craig as I was pretty tied down to the home front and getting quite depressed in putting ON weight after having lost it post-birth!

I've heard WONDERFUL things about Weight Watchers and I think it is a VERY practical program that will produce LONG-TERM results!

I shall be ROOTING for you darlin' and you have taken the BIGGEST step by joining! WOO HOO FOR YOU!

I'm on a mission to improve my well-being too as I am peri-menopausal and have inherited my mother's wonderful digestive woes!!! I also have DECLARED WAR on what ails me!!!

YOU GO GIRL and BTW - LOVE your designs and it is ALWAYS a treat to see something from you!

ENJOY those PRECIOUS young ladies of yours!!!

BIG HUGS,
Linda :)