Saturday, January 3, 2009

In the Immortal Words of Frank Barone...


Holy Crap!!! I just found out on New Year's Eve that I'm going to be a mommy again. I was completely shocked and a little freaked out! I had to take two tests just to be sure.
I've been feeling extremely tired and queasey for the past week and figured I was coming down with the flu. Ha! Around 9:30ish on New Year's Eve I was checking my email when I started feeling really sick to my stomach. I grabbed a pillow and blanket and set up camp on the couch. When my husband came downstairs I said, "Honey, I think I'm coming down with the flu or something." He asked, "You're not pregnant, are you?" I said, "Naw, I don't think so." But he needed to know for sure, so he ran to the store for a test. Lo and behold...... I was stunned. The first thing that came to mind is "I'm 40 and going to have a baby". That is what freaked me out the most. Now, after a couple of days of it sinking in, I'm thrilled! Another baby!! Maybe we'll get a little boy this time. And please God, let there be just one this time. God has a wicked sense of humor, so we'll just have to wait and see what he's got in store for us! Healthy is really all I ask for.
This pregnancy is definitely going to be different from the last. I'm so queasey and just want to sleep. Last time, nothin'! I kept taking tests to see if I was still pregnant because I didn't feel any different. BIG change this time! Saltine crackers have been my saving grace. God Bless Nabisco. Today is actually the first day in about a week and a half where I've felt half-way human. It's going to be interesting.
So, needless to say, I probably won't be posting a whole lot in the coming months, but I'm sure I'll pop in from time to time to give you all an update.
XOXOXO
~Dawn

9 comments:

TerriM said...

Well, ahem....congratulations!! Now that you've got it wrapped around your head and feeling very positive about it, LOL. I'm pretty new on your blog, but had to stop by and say congrats. You already 2 beautiful little girls...and we'll keep fingers crossed this ones a boy : ) Take care and hopefully you'll feel better soon. Hugs -- xoxo!! (terri - hawaii)

kazbat2006 said...

Hi Congratulations, I was 40 when I found out I was pregnant - was shocked also as we were not trying or anything - we have a boy(he's 7 now) and love him to bits and wouldn't have it any other way. - oh he is my only child.

joyinhim said...

Congrats! What a wonderful surprise! Saltines and decaf tea are a beautiful thing...

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be an uncle again! Glad you're feeling better about it because you were NOT all sunshine and farts when I visited you. Maybe you'll have TWIN BOYS!! :) moohahahaha.

Dawn said...

Ok, so the TWIN BOYS comment is soo cruel....teehee! I'm afraid to try for number 3 or I may end up with Twins like my Mother did...lol That is soo awesome Dawn! You just remember, you'll always be young at heart:) Your girls are at a perfect age to add a sibling...I bet they are THRILLED!

Anonymous said...

Sheesh. With that big tv you would think y'all could find something else to do. :) Yay! Babies!

Jennymary said...

Wow!! Congratulations, Dawn. I hope the nausea doesn't last too long. I found oranges a lifesaver.

Cindyg said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Kathy said...

Hi Dawn! Congratulations