Thursday, October 1, 2009

Headin' Back to Work

Well, my maternity leave is over this week and I'm heading back to work on Monday. I think I'm ready. Being a stay-at-home-mom is WAY harder than working outside the house, let me tell you. But, it was fun spending time with my girls and watching them interact with the baby. They are such little mommies, always fussing with Olivia, making sure she's covered up, wanting to hold the bottle to feed her, kissing and hugging on her. They are constantly fighting over who gets to pick out her outfit for the day and what jammies she wears to bed.

Ashley and Emily started preschool last month and boy was that an ordeal. Emily was having some separation issues and just cried her eyes out the first day I dropped them off. It was awful. She's getting much better and even got an award from the teacher on Wednesday for "no tears at preschool today". She was so proud! We framed it and hung it up in her room. If you come over to my house for a visit, she'll immediately march you right up to her room to show it off. Ashley, on the other hand, walks into the classroom like she owns the joint and could care less if I'm there or not. I'm just so proud of both of them!

I've been a scrapping fool at night when everyone is sleeping. It's the only time I get to myself. So here are some that I've done.




2 comments:

Chris Allport said...

It's gonna feel really different going back to work after looking after a baby all day. I'm sure you will enjoy the change.

Congratulations on some really wonderful scrap pages.

Luv Chris

Karen Swann said...

I'm so excited you're coming back Monday! You can't even begin to imagine what it's been like with the three boys, lol.