Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Copic Practicing

So I've been practicing with my copics and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I ordered a bunch more colors so I had more choices for shading. My advice to anyone who is thinking of purchasing some markers...don't buy the sets. Do some research as to which colors go together and build from there. My husband bought me a set for Christmas and even though I have 36 markers, I had to buy more individual markers to be able to blend. Anyway, here's a digi stamp I colored today:























I wanted to make this into a card, but I printed the stamp way too big and it won't fit on a card! Guess I should have measured before I spent an hour and a half coloring! Live and learn I suppose.

Here are the markers I used:



















On the homefront....we had the Rockstar b-day party for the girls on Saturday and it was a success. The kids (and adults) had a great time. I actually came down with the flu last Wednesday and it turned into strep throat and bronchitis. I was so miserable at the party, but the show must go on! I'm feeling much better, but poor hubby came down with it today! I just pray the girls and the baby doesn't come down with it. Here are a few pics from the party:
















































1 comment:

Pat said...

Dawn...are you kidding me? Your card is awesome!!!! I love clean & simple cards...and this one beautifully showcases this adorable Mo Manning image!! Your coloring is really gorgeous!! So glad you picked up a few more colors for shading...you totally ROCKED it girl! And speaking of "Rocking", the pics of the party are delightful! Your girls are just as precious as can be! Sorry you got strep. Feel better soon. Hugs. Pat Frank